[Twisted-Python] Reviewer who understands basic numeric algorithms wanted

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Sep 18 10:25:26 MDT 2009

On 04:17 pm, lvh at laurensvh.be wrote:
>On Fri, Sep 18, 2009 at 6:07 PM,  <exarkun at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>>On 12:50 pm, lvh at laurensvh.be wrote:
>>>Hello :-)
>
>>Please think up a better name than "util". :)  How about "statmath" or
>>"errorstats" or something along those lines?
>
>This sounds like a good idea. While we're on that topic, regarding
>package location: perhaps it should be in twisted.util, not
>twisted.positioning? It's not positioning-specific, I just happen to
>be the first guy that wants it.

Actually, now that you mention it, how about also making it private in
twisted.positioning? :)

If it turns out Twisted Web or Twisted Names or something eventually
needs this functionality, then we should think about moving it into
twisted.python (I think that's what you meant when you said
twisted.util).  Until then, though, there's not much reason to expose
what should just be an implementation detail as a new public interface.

Twisted is not a stats package. :)

Jean-Paul