[Twisted-Python] What is the difference in between reactor.running and reactor._stopped

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Fri Sep 18 08:23:47 MDT 2009

Hello,

I tried using reactor.running for a test, to not try to stop the reactor
if it's already stopped, but it doesn't work. If I use reactor._stopped
instead, it works. I know I'm not supposed to access it sonce it is
prefixed by the underscore, so my question is what is the difference in
between reactor.running and reactor._stopped, and why does
reactor.running not work as I expect (not reactor.running ==
reactor._stopped)?

Thank you, Gabriel