[Twisted-Python] new contributors

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Sep 11 08:35:05 MDT 2009

On 12:35 am, glyph at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>We *still* don't have a totally official process for adding new
>contributors
>to SVN, but I've been noticing a steady stream of contributions from
>two new
>folks: lvh and jesstess.
>
>Would you folks like commit access?
>
>If so, does anyone have an objection on adding them to the Twisted
>Matrix
>Labs?  (Feel free to contact me privately if you'd rather not be mean
>in
>public ;-)).

I don't see any reason not to, and I doubt anyone mailed you off-list
about it. :)  So if lvh and jesstess want to send me their SSH public
keys, I'll set it up.
I also offered commit access to Esteve recently.  Esteve, want to send
me your key, too?

With respect to the lack of an official process for adding contributors,
yea.  It doesn't come up so often that we've bothered to streamline it
much.  We should probably do *something*, though.  With that in mind,
here's a dump of some ideas that I think everyone knows already, but
should probably be explicit:

  * Keep your SSH keys secure.  If they're compromised, let us know so we
can change them out for new ones.

  * Follow the documented development process.  In general, you have free
reign in branches (but please follow the branch naming convention), but
only commit to trunk after the review process has been carried out
successfully.

  * You must license anything you contribute to Twisted under the MIT
license.

That's probably all the stuff you need to know up front.

We should have a document somewhere, maybe.

Jean-Paul