[Twisted-Python] os x installer, multiple source locations

Matt Bennett matt at bennett.name
Thu Sep 10 03:21:16 MDT 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 7:27 PM, James Y Knight<foom at fuhm.net> wrote:

> On Sep 5, 2009, at 10:08 PM, Phil Christensen wrote:
>
>> This is a frustrating partial install of Twisted that ships with OS X
>
> Not true. It was fixed soon after 10.5's release. I think in the very
> first patch, 10.5.1, but I could be wrong about that.
>
>> Interestingly enough, it's gone
>> from Snow Leopard
>
> It's not gone from Snow Leopard -- Twisted is still installed by
> default. Along with a bunch of other software.
>
> See:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Extras/lib/
> python/twisted/

I'm running 10.5.7 and clearly there's still some version of Twisted installed.

I'd happily submit a docs patch surrounding this, but I'm not sure
where the appropriate place to document it is. There don't appear to
be any docs on installing twisted under version control. Maybe a note
on the wiki download page would be sufficient?

Matt.