[Twisted-Python] Is there an equivalent of tap2deb?

Tim Allen screwtape at froup.com
Fri Sep 4 08:29:54 MDT 2009

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 02:53:37PM +0100, Peter Westlake wrote:
> Now that .tap files are obsolete, is there a supported way of making
> Debian packages like tap2dep?

.tap files (Pickle-based config files) may be obsolete, but I don't
believe the other variants (.tac for Python-based config files, and
I think there's an XML serialisation too) are obsolete.

I've never used tap2deb, but twistd and tap2rpm both seem to be quite
happy with .tac files in our production systems here.