[Twisted-Python] connecting through an http proxy

Salil hellfeuer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 11:28:04 MDT 2009

First of let me say that I'm *very* new to twisted (I'm only trying to patch
an app that uses twisted). So sorry if this is a stupid question.

The problem is I am behind an http proxy (with authentication), so I need to
connect through that proxy. The documentation doesn't help (me) much and
neither does google (mostly because there are a million people who have
created their own proxy server. This is not what I want to do).

Any tips? The app is currently using ClientCreator (to make an SSL
connection), but I'm willing to change all that if necessary.

Thanks