[Twisted-Python] Knowing end of packet

gary clark burslem2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 28 07:15:11 EDT 2009

Hello,

I am sending a large amount of data to a twisted server. I want to know how
the protocol class knows that no more data is to be received.

I dont pass the length of the data in the packet, hence I'm looking for a termination field in the packet.Like </MESSAGE>.

I did see a logging class but not sure if thats what I want. If I have to
overload the dataReceived method, and buffer the data until I see the termination field thats ok, just need to know if this seems correct in twisted.

Much appreciated for any help.

Thanks,
Garyc