[Twisted-Python] Twisted Trial (unittest) and Ant

Valeriy Pogrebitskiy vpogrebi at verizon.net
Wed Sep 16 12:10:13 EDT 2009

I am trying to implement Ant build.xml script that would include
testing Python code using twisted.trial.unittest. When using available
pyAntTasks (<py-test> target), I am getting all sorts of errors - even
though test scripts complete successfully using Python directly, or
using Eclipse's' Run As --> Python unit-test' option.

Some errors come from twisted.python.log module, others - I do not
even know where from. For example, I am seeing following error:

   [py-test]   import pkg_resources
   [py-test] Traceback (most recent call last):
   [py-test]   File "<stdin>", line 3, in <module>
   [py-test] TypeError: __init__() takes at least 2 arguments (1 given)

I wonder if anyone has Ant (build.xml) code samples of executing
Twisted's unittest scripts. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Val.