[Twisted-Python] Perspective Broker for plugins

tim wylie timwylie at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 15 13:58:18 EDT 2009

Hello,
  I'm just now undergoing my first real twisted application.  There is a main server which users authenticate with, and the main server also has different plugins for chat/whatever features.  The client side also has a handler for each of these plugins and then a GTK gui associate with them.  I've been reading the documentation, tutorials, etc, and I'm a little confused about what the best approach would be.

Would you all suggest using Perspective Broker?  Each plugin has it's own set of communication that needs to happen with the plugin handler server side as well.  Would this be easier some other way?

Another question has to do with a GTK handler.  I saw that twisted has a reactor built in for that.  I do have events that need to be triggered from the server.  Should I use twisted for that as well, or just send requests to a callback within the GTK application?

Really there is just so much information out there about twisted and everyone does it differently that it's confusing to get started.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.
Tim