[Twisted-Python] Gridspy - a new project using Twisted

leyssw at ihug.co.nz leyssw at ihug.co.nz
Mon Oct 26 13:48:27 MDT 2009

Hi Maarten

The Gridspy is a commercial product. At the moment we are manufacturing
small runs of prototypes for development and testing, soon they will be
available from our site on-line.

We are making it "hacker friendly" and it has spare serial ports, digital
and analogue inputs so electronics enthusiasts can make their own daughter
boards. We hope it will then become a great way to take your inventions
on-line.

We consider our "secret sauce" to be the core hardware and the uplink to
the web (including the twisted portion). Everything else on both ends will
be open (still development efforts needed on SDK and documentation). You
will be able to create an electronics gadget that sets the Gridspy / Nexus
analogue and digital inputs and see those inputs changing in some script
you wrote on the web via an RPC mechanism from our server.

Right now our focus is on selling to commercial users here in Auckland, New
Zealand (keep it local) to test the hardware. As production scales up, the
pricing will become much more affordable for us normal people.

Making our platform open and easy to work with is a cause close to my heart
too.

-Tom