[Twisted-Python] Example of a long-polling asynchronous web servic?

Stephen Mattison stephenmattison at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 21:30:30 MDT 2009

Hey guys I'm trying to implement some web-services over JSON-RPC, and one of
the methods needs to use server-push.

I will try and explain my problem as well as I can.

I have a client, which is an iPhone, natively running a JSON-RPC( or XML-RPC
) client implementation.

I need to do something like this from the iPhone

service = ServerProxy("http://mydomain.com/webservice")
init_data = service.subscribe_to_updates()
some_result = service.some_regular_function(params)

How can I implement this in Twisted?
--
Stephen Mattison