[Twisted-Python] twisted python usage

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Oct 2 11:26:32 MDT 2009

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM, <vitaly at synapticvision.com> wrote:

> hi,

Hi, Vitaly!

> I'm trying to accomplish to work couple of CLI commands without luck.
>

> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/options.htmland
> test/test_usage.py were not really helpful.

Why weren't these helpful?  To me, they seem to clearly explain everything
you're trying to do.

> Commands:
> 1.python test.py cmd1 -s 'dfsgdfg' -e 'sdfgdfg'
> 2.python test.py cmd2 -t 123
> 3.python test.py cmd3 cmd4 -t '2345ge' -y 'rebtr' cmd5 -p 'wgerg'

These commands are way too abstract.  Especially that last one ("cmd3 cmd4")
could be interpreted in a few different ways.  Can you provide a more
specific example of what you're actually trying to do, and what the Options
API, documentation, and tests don't explain?