[Twisted-Python] Handeling unresolved DNS queries?

Jesper Taxbøl jesper at taxboel.dk
Thu Oct 22 15:00:35 EDT 2009

Hi Jean-Paul,

I guess my focus is right when it comes to redirecting clients.

Im hooking into

DNSDatagramProtocol.writeMessage(self, message, address):

And I guess thats OK?

But when it comes to bogus domains, I guess i could use:

DNSServerFactory.gotResolverError(self, failure, protocol, message,
address):

My problem is now how I construct a redirect package and channel it back to
the client.

Do you think that is a sensible approach? -and do you hava a pointer on how
to find the associated client.

kind regards

/tax