[Twisted-Python] Conferences / training?

Laurens Van Houtven lvh at laurensvh.be
Wed Oct 21 06:40:53 EDT 2009

On a related note, I know that a bunch of people in my university are
interested in informal Python and perhaps Twisted introductions, and a
few people in charge have told me that it wouldn't really be a problem
to get some infrastructure assigned for the occasion (yes, the hoops
they're willing to jump through to get undergrads to do stuff is
amazing).

Since the most commonly heard complaint about Twisted is that the
initial barrier is too high and the introductory documentation is
insufficient (as much as I don't agree with that, if other people feel
that's the case, it's probably our job to prove them wro^H^H^H^H^Hfix
it), it would probably be a good idea for that sort of material to be
publicly available.

If no free materials (I'm thinking mostly about presentations, there's
plenty of plain old documents already around in the form of Twisted's
own docs and blog posts) exist and I have to make them myself, are
there any preferences in terms of format and location?

Normally I'd probably end up using a TeX-based slide producing thing
and a launchpad/github/whatever repo, but I'm just as happy to use
Google Docs -- that might make it easier to collaborate. I've got
Google Wave access, but somehow I don't think that'll be a viable
platform just yet due to huge lack of people having access.

Maybe I ought to talk to Steve Holden about it -- but since he makes
money giving those presentation, I can understand that he wouldn't be
very interested in spending a lot of time producing free material ;-)

thanks for listening
Laurens