[Twisted-Python] Problem with XMLRPC resource wrapped with guard basic auth

asset asset at impactdamage.com
Wed Oct 7 15:59:12 EDT 2009

I was indeed being tricked. I actually tested soap with a real client, but
with xmlrpc i was using the browser.  I was expecting to see the same error
message, and instead got a new one that was presented by the modifications
I pulled out of the trunk to support the issue in #4014.  I was expecting
to see the older error message and it was replaced.

A quick test via,

>>> import xmlrpclib
>>> server = xmlrpclib.Server('http://user:password@localhost:9999/rpc2')
>>> server.quote()

Showed it indeed worked like it should. Swapped it to use SSL and now I'm
all set.

Thank you for the clarification. Next time I'll test more before posting to
the list. ;)

TWKiel