[Twisted-Python] twisted python usage

vitaly at synapticvision.com vitaly at synapticvision.com
Fri Oct 2 13:47:18 EDT 2009

Quoting "Glyph Lefkowitz" <glyph at twistedmatrix.com>:

> On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 12:47 PM, <vitaly at synapticvision.com> wrote:
>
>> hi,
>>

> Hi, Vitaly!
>

>> I'm trying to accomplish to work couple of CLI commands without luck.
>>

>> http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/options.htmland
>> test/test_usage.py were not really helpful.
>>

> Why weren't these helpful?  To me, they seem to clearly explain everything
> you're trying to do.

First of all - I'm sorry, I've succeed to accomplish first two
commands with previous doc link partially: I can't read value per key

Trying to follow the following snip, how can I read for example value
of key -m?
CLI: python test.py import -m 'abc321'

from twisted.python import usage
import sys

class ImportOptions(usage.Options):
     optParameters = [
         ['module',  'm', 1, None],
         ['vendor',  'v', None, None],
         ['release', 'r', None]
     ]

class CheckoutOptions(usage.Options):
     optParameters = [['module', 'm', None, None], ['tag', 'r', None, None]]

class Options(usage.Options):
     subCommands = [['import', None, ImportOptions, "Do an Import"],
                    ['checkout', None, CheckoutOptions, "Do a Checkout"]]

     optParameters = [
         ['compression', 'z', 0, 'Use compression'],
         ['repository', 'r', None, 'Specify an alternate repository']
     ]

def doImport():
     print "TODO: how can I now read the value of key, let's say of -m key?"

def doCheckout():
     print "TODO: same as doImport()"

config = Options()
try:
     config.parseOptions()
except usage.UsageError, errortext:
     print '%s: %s' % (sys.argv[0], errortext)
     print '%s: Try --help for usage details.' % (sys.argv[0])
     sys.exit(1)

if config.subCommand == 'import':
     doImport(config.subOptions)
elif config.subCommand == 'checkout':