[Twisted-Python] Twisted and db table changes

Steve steve at divillo.com
Thu Oct 1 20:32:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-10-01 at 17:53 -0400, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 5:49 PM, Steve <steve at divillo.com> wrote:
>         Thanks for the suggestion. I will look into replacing select
>         but first I need to learn more about Twisted. I just
>         discovered it a week or so ago.
>

> In that case, welcome!

So I was in this bookstore last weekend looking at the Python section
for nothing in particular. This O'reilly book called Twisted jumped out
at me because of the name so I started leafing through it. "Cool stuff"
I thought to myself. I look at the publication date and see that it is
pretty old. I ask the store clerk to check and see if there is a newer
edition. There wasn't so I went ahead and bought the book.

I thought your name was familiar for some reason! After picking up the
book again tonight I realized why :-)

Excellent work and probably the best name for a communications framework.

I do have a question about the book. Is there anything obsolete about
it? Anything I should watch out for?

Thanks!