[Twisted-Python] Multi-reactor architecture

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 11:40:43 MST 2009

> How reverse proxy knows to balance between couple of twistd processes?
> Do you have may be an example(or doc link) of such proxy that can
> distributing connections to each twistd process?

This is a classic distributed systems architecture. A reverse proxy
can either something like haproxy, nginx, apache, perlbal or whatever
(even another twisted process). The twistd processes can be seen as
simply other machines on a LAN - instead they all have the
127.0.0.1:<port> where the port is different for each process. I don't
have a more comprehensive example, but there are many many examples of
reverse proxying servers all over the place - google "nginx reverse
proxy" for many examples.

Hope that helps.

Reza

--