[Twisted-Python] Daemon processes on windows

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 18:18:41 MST 2009

Hi,

I have a server-like process that uses twisted.  I need it to daemonize
itself and on linux/os x I am simply
using the daemonize function from twistd.  This works fine.  What about
Windows though....I saw that the
win32 version of twistd doesn't have (unless I am missing it) the ability to
daemonize a process.

Is is simply impossible to daemonize a process on windows?  If so, is there
any way to have a child
process on windows ignore SIGINT send to the parent?

Cheers and thanks,

Brian