[Twisted-Python] Proposal (almost) to switch from Lore to Sphinx

Kevin Horn kevin.horn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 13:00:21 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:00 AM, lasizoillo <lasizoillo at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/11/11 Kevin Horn <kevin.horn at gmail.com>:
> >
> > I have written up a proposal here:
> >
> > http://twistedsphinx.funsize.net/proposal.html
> >

> In this proposal you say:
>
> Development Work
>  * fabric fabfile for automation of docs workflow
>
> Future Work
>  * This page has some stuff on using cog in RestructuredText comments
> to generate the output of sample scripts.
>
> The second point (in Future Work) uses cog that is integrated in paver:
>  * Paver allow automation of docs workflow (fabric is not needed).
>  * With paver you can create an bootstraped instalation:
>
> http://www.blueskyonmars.com/projects/paver/getting_started.html#but-people-don-t-have-paver-yet
>  * Paver is compatible with setuptools and distutils.
>
> I think that fabric is great for cluster distributions, but paver is
> better for manage docs.
>
> Regards,
>  Javi

For the moment, I plan to continue using fabric, for the following reasons:

- I'm already familiar with it
- it does what I need (run local commands, and send stuff over SSH)

I think Paver might be very useful down the road, though.  I'll definitely
check into it more as this project progresses.

Kevin Horn