[Twisted-Python] Twisted webserver performance issues

Nitro nitro at dr-code.org
Sun Nov 8 12:39:49 EST 2009

Am 08.11.2009, 15:54 Uhr, schrieb Maarten ter Huurne
<maarten at treewalker.org>:

> On Sunday 08 November 2009, James Y Knight wrote:
>
>> When I last looked into the performance issues, I found that sometimes
>> trac appears to block for long periods of time without releasing the
>> GIL. That seems to be the core of the performance issues, currently.
>> When it's responding normally, it's perfectly snappy. But, sometimes,
>> it blocks for 10sec at a time.

Some general documents about track + performance issues:

http://trac.edgewall.org/ticket/7490
http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracPerformance

Lots of people experienced slow trac performance it seems. Reading through
the #7490 ticket it seems there's a multitude of reasons for this. Maybe
the twisted webserver suffers from one of them.

-Matthias