[Twisted-Python] Volunteer for twisted code Reviews and Commits

ssteinerX@gmail.com ssteinerx at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 09:47:20 EST 2009

On Nov 6, 2009, at 11:43 PM, David Lyon wrote:

> On Sat, 07 Nov 2009 00:54:38 -0000, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>> On 12:48 am, ssteinerx at gmail.com wrote:
>> As far as I can tell, these problems are due solely to the quality of
>> trac.  There is no indication that they will disappear through only
>> an
>> improvement of the hardware the site is hosted on (unless we
>> consider a
>> really amazing improvement, something on the order of 10x faster
>> CPU and
>> disk than what we have now, a 3GHz P4 and contemporary disks).
>
> I suspect that Steve has access to a server farm that has processing
> power
> several orders of magnitude above the single machine you have.

Uh, I have access to all of Rackspace, Amazon, Elastic Cloud etc.,
just like anyone else and also some servers of our own, the smallest
of which is a dual quad-core beast with 16gb of memory and 500gb of
Raid 10 storage constantly mirrored to a SAN.  It isn't all dedicated
to a single job (obviously) but there's some horsepower to spare ;-).