[Twisted-Python] Twisted Question

Brandon McGinty brandon.mcginty at gmail.com
Sun May 31 16:06:39 MDT 2009

Hi All,
I just subscribed to this list, after viewing tons of documents about
twisted, factories, and all the like.
Here is the situation.
I am trying to design a bridge between twisted.web and
twisted.words.protocols.irc.
I have read a lot about using factories, and communicating with a
central "program class" like in the finger tutorial.
However, I can not figure out how to communicate between two running
protocols.
Here's an example:
User connects to web server.
Irc client connects to irc server
User clicks on search link, and enters query.
A command, along with that query, is sent to irc server via irc client.
Response is returned, processed, and sent to the page that is the result
of submiting that form.
Process continues until user clicks log out, where in the irc client
disconnects.
Any help anyone can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Brandon McGinty

Brandon McGinty
Email:brandon.mcginty at gmail.com