[Twisted-Python] twistd -y and 'adbapi.ConnectionPool.runWithConnection'

Joe Steeve js at hipro.co.in
Wed May 27 23:54:02 MDT 2009

Hello all,

I am doing a 'runWithConnection' call from the 'startService' of a
service.Service. In the callback, I startup more services based on the
results of the 'runWithConnection' and attach them to the main
application object.

This works fine when I start the script with 'twistd -noy'. However,
when I want to start it as a daemon using 'twisted -y', the
runWithConnection does not seem to work. The thread simply does not
start.

What could be wrong?

The database is 'PostgreSQL'. I am using the 'psycopg2' driver with the
adbapi.ConnectionPool.

Thanks a ton,
Joe

--