[Twisted-Python] Processpool recommendation (for scaling to multiple CPUs)

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Sun May 24 14:21:19 MDT 2009

Hello,

Is there any efficient built-in machinery in twisted for running a (TCP,
UDP or unix domain socket) service in a connection multiplexer->worker
processes manner? Or if there isn't, what is the recommended way of
doing this? (any examples maybe?)

I've got some CPU scalability issues (the application became CPU bound,
but there are a lot more CPUs, which can't be used because of the
uniprocess nature), threading is not a solution, so the next logical
move could be starting multiple twisted reactors in different processes
and transparently switching incoming connections between them.
There is no need for intra-process communication, I need only a thing,
which does the process starting/stopping, connection multiplexing in a
clean way.

Thanks,