[Twisted-Python] Epsilon installation?

Jasper jasper at peak.org
Mon May 18 17:39:07 MDT 2009

I'm interested in taking a look at divmod Vertex, which requires divmod
Epsilon, which I downloaded from here:
http://divmod.org/trac/wiki/DivmodEpsilon

However, when I try to 'setup.py install' Epsilon, I get the following
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and
Settings\Jasper\Desktop\Epsilon-0.5.12\setup.py", line 6, in ?
    version=version.short(),
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\python\versions.py", line
37, in short
    svnver = self._getSVNVersion()
  File "C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\twisted\python\versions.py", line
90, in _getSVNVersion
    doc = parse(file(ent)).documentElement
  File "C:\Python24\lib\xml\dom\minidom.py", line 1915, in parse
    return expatbuilder.parse(file)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 928, in parse
    result = builder.parseFile(file)
  File "C:\Python24\lib\xml\dom\expatbuilder.py", line 207, in parseFile
    parser.Parse(buffer, 0)
xml.parsers.expat.ExpatError: syntax error: line 1, column 0

This appears to be happening while parsing
.../Epsilon-0.5.12/epsilon/.svn/entries, which isn't xml at all...
Inspecting version.py, I found I could avoid the issue by deleting the
.svn dir.

Is this just a matter of the .svn dirs being accidentally included in
the Epsilon release?  Or, put another way, am I masking some sort of
meaningful version check by doing this?

-Jasper

PS  And what's up with the dom parsing of non-xml anyway?