[Twisted-Python] How do I turn off certain log messages?

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Thu May 14 07:49:03 MDT 2009

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 1:38 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring
<itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
>>  - setting request.channel.persistent = False to force non persistent
>> connections
>
>> I'm particularly concerned with squeezing some performance out of the
>> web.server and also web.client.
>
> Those two things are contradictory - persistent connections speed things
> up :)

That was my general impression, but I'm using HAProxy for a load
balancer, and its documentation has this snippet:

"Keep-alive was invented to reduce CPU usage on servers when CPUs were
100 times slower. But what is not said is that persistent connections
consume a lot of memory while not being usable by anybody except the
client who openned them. Today in 2009, CPUs are very cheap and memory
is still limited to a few gigabytes by the architecture or the price.
If a site needs keep-alive, there is a real problem. Highly loaded
sites often disable keep-alive to support the maximum number of
simultaneous clients. The real downside of not having keep-alive is a
slightly increased latency to fetch objects. Browsers double the
number of concurrent connections on non-keepalive sites to compensate
for this. "

So, I really should have mentioned that because HAProxy doesn't
currently support persistent connections, I want to force them to be
off.

Cheers,
Reza

--