[Twisted-Python] How do I turn off certain log messages?

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Thu May 14 05:04:48 MDT 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:02 PM, Jean-Paul Calderone <exarkun at divmod.com> wrote:
> It is entirely possible to do this the way you suggested - by writing a
> custom log observer and either picking just the messages you like to log
> or by filtering out any messages you don't like to skip (or any other
> custom logic you might like) - but it's probably simpler to use the noisy
> feature or the logPath feature, in this case.
>
> Jean-Paul

Excellent, thanks! That's just what I was looking for.

Also, just for the sake of it - what are other people's suggestions
and gotchas for working with twisted.web? In the past few weeks I've
learned some new stuff just from skimming the list:
 - setting request.channel.persistent = False to force non persistent
connections
 - setting HTTPClientFactory.noisy = False to turn off log messages

Any other quick tips and tricks people could offer? ;-) I'm
particularly concerned with squeezing some performance out of the
web.server and also web.client.

Thanks!
Reza

--