[Twisted-Python] can't get a simple client/server example to work!

Robert Gravina robert at gravina.com
Wed May 13 21:32:22 MDT 2009

2009/5/14 bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com <bbxx789_05ss at yahoo.com>:

> I can't get anything to work.  I asked a simple question, but I can't seem to pry an answer out of this group, and the simple examples in the documentation are incomplete.  I've decided not to pursue Twisted any longer.  Don't bother responding.  I am unsubscribing.

Please wait a moment. I've worked with Twisted for years and found
that community very helpful and the library very well covered with
beginner tutorials... I think it's just a matter of some
misunderstanding here.

Here is a simple client/server example:
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/examples/index.html#auto0

Try that out, and see if you can get it to run;

But, in order to understand what's going on I think you should start here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/index.html

1) Read the introduction (mainly, Asynchronous Programming with
Twisted). This will introduce the basic Twisted concepts.

2) Follow the tutorials listed under "Tutorials" until you either get
to the last one or you feel you've learned enough for now. The very
first tutorial covers a simple client/server.

I remember doing this over an hour or so when I first discovered
Twisted and was it was a great experience.

If you need help, please ask again.

Robert