[Twisted-Python] How do I turn off certain log messages?

Reza Lotun rlotun at gmail.com
Wed May 13 10:22:49 MDT 2009

Hi,

I was just wondering about the best way to customize twisted logging -
specifically, I'd like to remove the:
"Starting factory.."
and "Stopping factory.."

log messages that pop up whenever I use twisted.web.client
HTTPClientFactory. Is it simply a matter of writing a custom Logging
Observer and specifically filtering those kinds of messages? I run a
twisted.web server with twistd (with DailyLogFile) that for every
connection to it makes a number of web-service calls using web.client.
I want to have Apache style access logs and be able to spit out error
conditions *without* anything extraneous creeping in. What are the
idioms and best practices?

Thanks,
Reza

--