[Twisted-Python] Announcing Twotp 0.6

Thomas Hervé therve at free.fr
Sun May 10 03:17:28 MDT 2009

Hello all!

I'm pleased to announce version 0.6 of Twotp [1].

What is Twotp? It's an implementation of the Erlang protocol using
Python and Twisted, similar with the built-in Jinterface [2] or
py_interface [3].

After some hibernating time, I've focused on implementing links and
monitoring of Erlang processes. Now it's even more complete than
Jinterface, which doesn't implement monitoring.

After implementing the lower layer, it made me realize that the current
API was all but convenient. So I built a complete new API simplifying
the whole task, around the concept of processes. It's now much easier to
implement real process communication with Erlang, instead of using
simple RPC. I've reworked the examples and the documentation, I hope
it's enough for helping people to start using it!

You can download it here: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/twotp

There is also a PPA for Ubuntu wih latest version:
https://launchpad.net/~twotp/+archive/ppa

Note: this is a backward-incompatible version. Changing to the new API
should be fairly easy, but I'd be glad to help anyone encountering
problems.

Please report bugs and successes! You can write here or on Freenode in
#twisted.

Thanks!

[1]: http://launchpad.net/twotp

[2]: http://erlang.org/doc/apps/jinterface/index.html