[Twisted-Python] cx_Oracle, Twisted - rollback failed

Dave Peticolas dave at krondo.com
Sun May 3 16:38:51 MDT 2009

Steve Lewis wrote:
>> Is there some way it can determine that the connection has been lost aside
>> from trying the rollback (and is compatible with other DB-API 2.0 modules)?
>>
>> Jean-Paul
>
> Oops, I actually did see my message going through now. Sorry for the duplicate.
>
> To answer your question, I was under the impression that the cp_reconnect would check to see if the connection existed already. Is there a way to have it check that query before rolling back? I'm guessing other databases/apis don't throw exceptions on a rollback if the connection is gone?
> Steve

The cp_reconnect flag tells the pool to re-open connections that have
failed the next time they are accessed. The query that 'discovers' the
lost connection will still fail and receive the ConnectionLost
exception.

When the reconnect flag is false, lost connections simply aren't
detected and continue to fail.

dave