[Twisted-Python] My twisted web server fall down

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Sun May 24 06:39:24 EDT 2009

On 06:15 am, muaazhussain128 at gmail.com wrote:
>I ran penetration testing tool against my twisted web server , the
>tool used to make a huge number of threads, all that threads make a
>connection to the twisted concurrently.
>when I made the number of threads more than 1024 the twisted web
>server eventually has fall down.
>is there any method to let the twisted web server to limit the
>concurrent connection per second or per host.

Would you mind answering a few questions more precisely -

What version of Twisted are you using?  8.2?

What penetration testing tool were you using?  Exactly what options did
you give it?

What is your web server doing?  Just serving files, or some dynamic
content of your own design?  Can you include your server's
configuration?

Is there anything present in the logs before the server dies?

Can you try this with a recent snapshot of Twisted trunk and see if you
get the same results?

There have been a few bugs in this area.  I *think* we've already
addressed the particular problem of the server dying when there are
simply too many connections, but I'd really like to make sure.  As such,
I'd like to be able to run exactly the same test that you did :).