[Twisted-Python] XMPP/Jabber server example

Garret Heaton powdahound at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:08:07 EDT 2009

Thanks for the help! I created a ticket requesting examples here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/3837. If the recent interest in Twisted
+ XMPP<https://mailman.ik.nu/pipermail/twisted-jabber/2008-September/000155.html>continues
I'd be happy to contribute to the goals listed
here <http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/XMPPServerArchitecture>. Would love
to hear from ralphm and/or metajack on the current status of this effort.

On Mon, May 11, 2009 at 7:07 PM, <glyph at divmod.com> wrote:

> On 11 May, 04:16 pm, powdahound at gmail.com wrote:
> >I'm trying to create an XMPP server using twisted.words and am having
> >difficulty finding the correct way to make use of the classes provided.
> >was hoping someone might have an example or short explanation of which
> >classes would be used to create a very basic server (using the latest
> >classes<
> http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/8.2.0/api/twisted.words.protocols.jabber.xmlstream.html
> >from
> >8.2.0).
>
> I'm not confident of my own knowledge of twisted.words.*xmpp* to provide
> you an accurate answer.  I assume you've looked at doc/words/examples/
> and there's nothing up to date.  If so, this is a doc bug that needs to
> be reported - please file it on twistedmatrix.com.
> >(snip some great questions)
>
> Can you itemize these questions on the ticket so that we can make sure
> they're all answered for future comers?
> >Is there still work being done on the goals listed at
> >http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/XMPPServerArchitecture?
>
> Yes, but very slowly.  Please help out, submit patches and so on!  A
> useful bit of work would be to trawl around through the bugtracker and
> add links from that page to tickets describing individual bits of work
> and vice versa.  And perhaps to file tickets describing the bits of work
> which aren't described as tickets yet :).
>
> A good example of what I mean is this page:
>
>    http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/wiki/ReleaseAutomation
> >Thanks! Really enjoying Twisted so far.
>
> Thank you!

Garret Heaton