[Twisted-Python] problem accessing numeric datatype of postgresql in a twisted application

Krishnakant hackingkk at gmail.com
Tue May 5 07:35:57 EDT 2009

hello all,
I am facing a strange problem with twisted which is probably a known bug
and perhaps also solved.

I use twisted with psycopg2 to connect with a postgresql 8.3 database.

I have to use numeric datatype and get "can't serialise object " error
when I try to access data from a field of type numeric.

Is there some thing which I can do to solve this problem?

Note that when I use just psycopg2, I don't get any error, so the
problem is surely with the twisted app.  I believe I need to cast it to
some thing?

happy hacking.
Krishnakant.