[Twisted-Python] RTFM about custom reactors

Mohamed Lrhazi lrhazi at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:23:59 EDT 2009

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Itamar Shtull-Trauring
<itamar at itamarst.org> wrote:
> The  reactor does low-level network events, like TCP reads, not
> high-level plugins. What would these plugins do exactly?

The Network OS acts as proxy, at the IP level, but also implements
several protocols, including http. It also allows a plugin to recieve
all network events, and access all payload and change anything in the
process... So the plugin could build its own protocol
implementations...

So, the question is, how do I write a custom reactor to handle the low
level network events and data?
is the actual source of the standar reactor the right place to start,
and is there an example our there of such a custom reactor?

Thanks a lot,
Mohamed.