[Twisted-Python] Twisted conch - ssh question

Ameya Lokare lokare.ameya at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 11:19:19 MDT 2009

Thanks for the response, Paul. Sorry I wasn't clear before. I realize they
are not made to work with each other. What I intended to ask was, what
modifications are required to make them work with each other? Basically, I
want to write both the ssh client and server with conch, and have them
transfer some data to each other over the ssh channel. How can this be done?

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Paul Swartz <paulswartz at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 03/31/2009 12:44 AM, Ameya Lokare wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> I'm trying to get the sshsimpleserver.py and sshsimpleclient.py from the
>> examples
>> <http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/conch/documentation/examples/> to
>> talk to each other. Both work fine with the standard linux ssh
>> client/server respectively, but I couldn't get them to communicate with
>> each other. All I want to do is simple data transfers to and fro, over
>> the SSH channel (no commands to be executed). I could get the session
>> established, but couldn't figure out how to do send data across from the
>> client to the server. I tried channel.write, but that didn't appear to
>> work. Sorry if this is too trivial a question, I'm a newbie to both
>> Python and twisted. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>>

> The two examples aren't made to work with each other. sshsimpleclient.py
> executes 3 commands on the remote server: `true`, `false`, and `cat`.
>  sshsimpleserver.py doesn't accept commands: a shell opened up will server
> as a simple echo server.
>
> -p
> --
> Paul Swartz