[Twisted-Python] Re: [Stackless] Stackless Twisted shocking

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 21 09:35:28 MDT 2009

Hi Simon:

--- On Sat, 3/21/09, stackless-request at stackless.com <stackless-request at stackless.com> wrote:

> As more updates are sent zone->hub, per second, the
> incoming client->hub->zone messages take SECONDS to get thru!
> This is with approx 50 messages per second between a single zone and the >hub.

> Is this the sort of performance I can expect?

I am not an expert in performance tuning... and I have to do some performance testing soon. That said, I have problems envisioning the architecture. Does a request cause a C++ client to be spawned? Are the C++ clients logging into the server independent of requests? There are so many things missing. However the first thing I would ask is what sort of performance can I reasonably expect? What does the workflow look like? Where are the delays? Also what does stuff like CPU, memory utilization, paging look like as you increase the load? Are messages queuing up somewhere?

> If so, what I my alternatives? I am considering ditching
> the twisted part and using stacklessSockets instead.

Simon, PB Twisted is much higher level than stacklessSockets.

Cheers,
Andrew