[Twisted-Python] Noob Question

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Sun Mar 15 08:20:50 MDT 2009

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:55:25 -0500, Shelby Ramsey <sicfslist at gmail.com> wrote:
>Peter,
>
>Thanks for the assistance.  I think you and David have me on the right
>path.  Just to clarify the protocol looks like this:

Hi Shelby,

You may want to consider re-using an existing protocol rather than inventing
and implementing a new one.  Protocol design has many tricky corners, and
with the wide array of existing protocols from which to select, there's is
often no really good reason to develop a new one.

Consider HTTP, PB, AMP, or XMPP, all of which have general, re-usable
implementations in Twisted.

Jean-Paul