[Twisted-Python] Error when trying to import reactor

Florent Aide florent.aide at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 10:05:00 MDT 2009

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 4:30 PM, Ian Fountain <ian.fountain at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the quick responses! I admit that putting the dlls directly into
> the System32 folder was a rookie move, but I desperately wanted to get

And I had not fully read your email because I did not see that you
manually copied the file to system32, hence my short answer.

> twisted up and running :). So now I have a few more questions if you don't
> mind answering them. Like I said before, I am a rookie so I am simply
> following whatever it tells me to do in the O'Reilly Twisted Network
> Programming Essentials book so I downloaded and installed the following:
> pyOpenSSL-0.8.winxp32-py2.5.msi
> pycrypto-2.0.1.win32-py2.5.exe
> Twisted_NoDocs-8.2.0.win32-py2.5.exe
> So do I still have to install openSSL on my machine even though I installed

Yes. And as Glyph suggested you should use the right version I am
using pyopenssl 0.8 (from sourceforge oct 2008) with OpenSSL 0.9.8i
(from the installer I pointed to)
If using the installer I pointed to earlier, make sure you answer
"copy to /bin" instead of copy to system32 (as Glyph stated above)

> all of those? Also do I have to use Python 2.5 if I want to use pycrypto and

Yep. You installed the libraries for python 2.5 only (see the names of
the files) so you should use python 2.5 if you want to be able to
import them.

> pyOpenSSL? And finally I was looking around and I didn't see anything that
> stated that Vista is even supported. Could that be another problem I might
> run into. Thanks again for all the help.

I am currently working on Vista without problem.

Florent.