[Twisted-Python] Twisted developers: please donate your time!

Alex Clemesha clemesha at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 15:47:24 MST 2009

On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 2:22 PM, Florent Aide <florent.aide at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Florent Aide <florent.aide at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Itamar Shtull-Trauring a écrit :
>>
>> So, if you're interested, please reply, saying something like "I will
>> spend two weeks working on Gopher support over the next year."
>>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have worked in the last days on a demo application using twisted and
>> evolved from the simple pop3 + smtp exemple found in the Twisted book to add
>> a web interface (minimalistic but works) in nevow and SSL support + and
>> SQLAlchemy based SQL backend for passwords.
>>
>> I think it would be nice to write some complete tutorial based on this
>> example (and I'm ready to write it of course). But I'd like some
>> minimalistic review from a twisted master so that I don't tell too much
>> stupid things and don't spread bad practices.
>
> Sorry the mail went out before I could finish it...
>
> here is the URL of the project:
> http://bitbucket.org/faide/guineapy/overview/
Very nice.  Overall I think that the structure of the project looks
good, especially the
clean usage of Twisted's Application functionality.

You mention "don't spread bad practices", and I think this brings up
an important
issue.  It would be nice to have some of the main Twisted devs put a
"best practices"
stamp of approval on the code, and after putting on that stamp,
clearly link to the code.
This is something that would be good for the Twisted community and
newcomers alike.

-Alex

> Regards,
> Florent Aide.