[Twisted-Python] Re: Twisted developers: please donate your time!

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Wed Mar 4 11:04:21 MST 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 09:34:54 -0800 (PST), Andrew Francis <andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com> wrote:

>Hi Itamar and Colleages:
>
>>As part of the TSF's fundraising efforts, we are trying to get upfront
>>donations of time you will spend developing Twisted. It will then get
>>matched by a donor, if we are successful in getting this grant. So if
>>you're planning on working on Twisted anyway this year, your work will
>>count twice as much!
>
>I would happy to donate some time to developing Twisted. However  since the only Twisted code I have really looked at is the reactor, I am not sure where I can contribute. Off-hand documentation is a safe bet. Perhaps you provide suggestions and I can figure out whether I can do it, when, and how much time I can devote?

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=~documentation&order=priority shows all of the open tickets with the "documentation" keyword.  So there's a lot to choose from, many are about the reactor.  There's also one, #1009, about deferredGenerator/inlineCallbacks.  I think you're somewhat familiar with those?

It's also certainly the case that there are tickets open for reactor problems, so if you feel comfortable with that part of Twisted, there's plenty to contribute to.

Jean-Paul