[Twisted-Python] Twisted developers: please donate your time!

glyph at divmod.com glyph at divmod.com
Mon Mar 2 22:41:58 MST 2009

On 2 Mar, 02:08 pm, itamar at itamarst.org wrote:
>On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 21:25 +1300, Michael Hudson wrote:
>>2009/2/24 Itamar Shtull-Trauring <itamar at itamarst.org>:
>> > As part of the TSF's fundraising efforts, we are trying to get
>>upfront
>> > donations of time you will spend developing Twisted. It will then
>>get
>> > matched by a donor, if we are successful in getting this grant. So
>>if
>> > you're planning on working on Twisted anyway this year, your work
>>will
>> > count twice as much!
>> >
>> > So, if you're interested, please reply, saying something like "I
>>will
>> > spend two weeks working on Gopher support over the next year."
>>
>>I don't entirely understand, but I will commit to spending the
>>equivalent of two working weeks as a general review monkey over the
>>next year.  Is that the sort of thing you wanted to hear?
>
>Yes - thanks to you and all thee rest of the people who are
>volunteering! Anyone else willing to step up?

Sorry for the delay - I started writing a program to calculate my
minimum probable contribution over the next year, and got stuck on that
:).

In addition to attending most of the sprints, which add up to roughly
three weeks of work (including the PyCon sprint), I plan to spend at
least the equivalent of one week on general reviews and one week on new
development on the coming year.

So let's call that 5 weeks of work.