[Twisted-Python] how to create state machines?

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Fri Mar 27 12:14:07 EDT 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009 14:26:17 -0400, Doug Farrell <dfarrell at mypublisher.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm still getting my 'sea legs' with Twisted, so this may be a novice
>question, but I'm wondering what would be a good way to create a state
>machine with Twisted? For instance I've written quite a bit of code in
>different languages that creates co-operative, context switching schemes
>using state machines. Here would be a primative example in psuedocode:

Here are a couple examples which might inspire your imagination a a bit
more (hopefully with practical results :).  I won't elaborate on them
much now because I'm rockin' at PyCon, but in a couple weeks I might be
enticed to discuss them a bit more.

  http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Epsilon/epsilon/modal.py
  http://divmod.org/trac/browser/trunk/Vertex/vertex/tcpdfa.py

Jean-Paul