[Twisted-Python] getting sshsimpleserver.py to work within a wrapper

jkv jkv at unixcluster.dk
Tue Mar 10 17:45:03 EDT 2009

Ben Hyde wrote:
> In  one of the examples (sshsimpleserver.py) reactor.listenTCP is used
> to listen on the network socket, as far as i can read from the twisted
> core documentation there are no builtin way to make reactor.listen*
> listen on stdin instead... Any hints?
>
> Take look at twisted.internet.stdio.StandardIO.
>
> I'm new to this twisted stuff, so no doubt I've gotten this a bit
> wrong... but:
>
> But, the act of listening is primarily about waiting for a new
> connection etc.; since standard io is already connected it doesn't
> quite make sense to listen for it.
>
> When a listener L awakens for a new connection it cobbles together the
> plumbing necessary to manage the connection.  That plumbing will
> invoke the methods of an object C responsible for handling the
> connection.  The listener L creates the object P, one for each
> connection, by via the factory object F it was given when L was
> created.  It is the responsibility of C to implement protocol
> appropriate to the connection.
>
> What twisted.internet.stdio.StandardIO provides is a very simple
> protocol for standard IO.
Hi Ben,

Thank for the information, i have been looking into
twisted.internet.stdio.StandardIO, and it seems that what i want it
possible with twisted.

Would anyone on this list be able to point me to some code examples
where a twisted.protocol is connected to stdio instead of a network socket?

Regards,
jkv