[Twisted-Python] URL not Found Re: Twisted developers: please donate your time!

Andrew Francis andrewfr_ice at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 7 17:10:40 EST 2009

Hi Jean-Paul:

I am not sure if I should take this off-line....

>http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/query?>status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&keywords=~documentation&order=p>riority shows all of the open tickets with the "documentation" keyword.  >So there's a lot to choose from, many are about the reactor.

Okay I am looking through the list.

For ticket 1138 (cool movie), when I access the URL:

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/tutorial/deferred_tutorial.html

I get, URL not found. Which deferred tutorial are you referring to? "Deferreds are Beautiful (A Tutorial) at :

http://twistedmatrix.com/projects/core/documentation/howto/deferredindepth.html.

I see the reference to python.util there.

>There's also one, #1009, about deferredGenerator/inlineCallbacks.  I >think you're somewhat familiar with those?

I seldom use deferredGenerators/inlineCallbacks but I have followed the discussions. Let me review what has been said and I will summarize in a separate post to see if folks are cool with what I have said.

>http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/1020

I see it is not high priority but I may be able to provide insights (more like steal from John Ousterhout :-)).

>It's also certainly the case that there are tickets open for reactor >problems, so if you feel comfortable with that part of Twisted, there's >plenty to contribute to.

Okay.

Cheers,
Andrew