[Twisted-Python] Using sqlalchemy in twisted.

Peter Cai newptcai at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 02:38:43 EST 2009

I changed my code to this style, it works again.

This code would create a new session on each request and close it
immediately.

Hope this trick could save me!

#=========================================

def require_session(f):
    '''create and close session for each synchronous method'''
    def wrapper(model, *args, **kw):
        sess = model.Session()
        try:
            return f(model, sess, *args, **kw)
        finally:
            sess.close()
    return wrapper

class Database()
    def __init__(self, conn_str):
        self.conn_str = conn_str
        self.engine = create_engine(self.conn_str, echo=False)
        self.Session = sessionmaker(bind =
self.engine,  expire_on_commit=False)

    def getObjectById(self, klass, id):
        return threads.deferToThread(self._getObjectById, klass, id)

    @require_session

    def _getObjectById(self, sess, klass, id):

        return sess.query(klass).get(id)

On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 4:29 AM, Valentino Volonghi <dialtone at gmail.com>wrote:

look to the things around you,the immediate world around you, if you are
alive,it will mean something to you ——Paul Strand