[Twisted-Python] High Concurrency

Itamar Shtull-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Wed Jun 17 13:31:15 MDT 2009

> Hi,
> I want to use twisted to write a server which is to get purchase orders
> from
> about tens of thousands clients sent by wireless net work (tcp protocol)
> and
> store the orders into a DBMS system. I wonder if it is possible and how to
> deal with the high concurrency.

It is possible.

Dealing with concurrency depends on how many clients will be connected at
a given time, and how many requests you'll need to process in parallel. If
all of them, you'll probably want Linux with epoll reactor, and it may be
you'll need a distributed architecture with multiple servers.