[Twisted-Python] wxreactor and win32eventreactor

Jean-Paul Calderone exarkun at divmod.com
Tue Jun 2 10:44:15 MDT 2009

On Tue, 2 Jun 2009 11:07:38 -0500, Ryan Nowakowski <tubaman at fattuba.com> wrote:
>I'm trying to use twisted's SerialPort stuff in my Win32 wxPython app.
>I'm using the wxreactor, however I'm getting this error:
>
>  AttributeError: 'WxReactor' object has no attribute 'addEvent'

Indeed, as you've discovered, the serial support on Windows only works with
win32eventreactor.

>When I switch to the win32eventreactor my serial port code works fine
>but then of course, the GUI won't work.  Any idea how to get SerialPort
>working with wxreactor on Windows?

I think this would involve porting wxreactor to be based on win32eventreactor
instead of on selectreactor.  Ideally, this would be done generally so that
wxreactor could be used with /any/ other reactor, rather than being specific
to win32eventreactor, but it wouldn't necessarily have to be done that way.

Jean-Paul