[Twisted-Python] Need working examples of imap4 client.

Pywinder Singh pywinder at monkeydriveengine.com
Wed Jun 10 20:03:33 EDT 2009

Can someone point me to a working example of imap4 client?

I've tried the example off the site, code from Abe Fettig's book, and every
example I could find on the web. (most of them seem outdated, as do most
discussions I've found on the subject)

All of them invariably end with:

twisted.internet.error.TimeoutError: User timeout caused connection failure

or

twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost: Connection to the other side was lost
in a non-clean fashion.

I've pointed the code at two different IMAP servers, both of which (one is
gmail, the other is a private server) I am able to access with a hitch with
python's own imaplib. I've tried the sample code on an Ubuntu system, OSX,
and tried python versions 2.5 and 2.6.

Ideally, I'd love to see a snipped which is able to log into an imap server
and gets a list of mailboxes.  If the example on the site works for other
folks, I'd love a nudge in the right direction to modify the code to get a
bit more debugging info.

Thanks in advance!